Menu
jasoburch
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo re-booting constantly.

I am now on my 3rd replacement 1TB Tivo box in about 10 weeks. They work ok for a while and then enter a re-boot loop that never ends, sometimes accompanied by a loud clicking from inside the box. Another technician vist is arranged for Tuesday. If it's not re-solved this time I'm sure I'll make a switch to Sky. Anyone else having constant re-boot problems?

0 Kudos
jasoburch
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo re-booting constantly.

Now on my 4th replacement box. If the same happens to this one, I'm cancelling and going to Sky.

0 Kudos
Radiohead
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly the issue I have (reboot with the clicking). If they keep doing it, then surely it must be a software issue? They can't all be from a bad batch of manufacturing?
0 Kudos
jasoburch
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My 3 replacements lasted between 1 day and 3 weeks before the problem started. The 4th box, they have changed the power supply also. Just have that uneasy wait now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jasoburch,

Many thanks for taking the time to reach out the Community, welcome in Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the box has been making some clicking noises. When the replacements have been made, are you using this in the same location, or have tried this with it sitting on different materials?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jasoburch
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, It's nothing to do with where the box is sitting, it's a relay or something similar inside the box. As I said this is the 4th replacement now. It's still working after 2 days, but if this one fails, it's off to Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to let us know things have been OK jasoburch.

If anything changes, get in touch and we'll take another look for you right away.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced so far.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jasoburch
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. 6 days on and still working!!

0 Kudos