Menu
Ramgir
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo randomly failing to record, with no signal error message, even when watching other channels

TIVO in my son's room is randomly failing to record programmes, gives 'No Signal' Error message. This is happening even when he is watching something else on the box and the channel being recorded is definitely available on our package.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo randomly failing to record, with no signal error message, even when watching other channels

First of all reboot the box and see if that helps. Check all the cables are in the back of the box tightly. 

You can occasionally get no signal msg for one channel only but it usually is only a few seconds in my experience before it rights itself. 

I would suggest that you may need an engineer visit if it doesn't sort itself out. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo randomly failing to record, with no signal error message, even when watching other channels

Hi Ramgir,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error on some recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I haven't been able to locate your account at the moment, I will send you a private message requesting further details.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos