Menu
JohnLaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo program guide not updating

Hi

My TiVO program guide has stopped updating and more channels are showing To Be Annouced in theprogram guide.

I have tried connecting to Virgin Media using Settings then Network and viewing Status.

I can see an update is in progress but it is hanging at the Updating Info stage.

The % complete value has remained at 7% for over 12 hours.

Apart from this the TiVO box and cable TV service is working fine.

Thanks

John    

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo program guide not updating

Check all cables are attached properly and Try rebooting it. Phone it in if that doesn't work

nathanl3600
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi there welcome to the community
like parrotperson said check to make sure all your cables are tightly connected if you still have the same issues one of the mods will be along shortly who can check your account and make sure all the signals are in spec and we can connect to your box and send your box some signals to refresh the service if that fails and signals do not solve the issue then you may need a tech booked which the mods will help you with

Nathan

my views are solely mine and not Virgin Media's currently work in customer relations and previously a tech
Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Check all cables are attached properly and Try rebooting it. Phone it in if that doesn't work

nathanl3600
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi there welcome to the community
like parrotperson said check to make sure all your cables are tightly connected if you still have the same issues one of the mods will be along shortly who can check your account and make sure all the signals are in spec and we can connect to your box and send your box some signals to refresh the service if that fails and signals do not solve the issue then you may need a tech booked which the mods will help you with

Nathan

my views are solely mine and not Virgin Media's currently work in customer relations and previously a tech
Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos
JohnLaw
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Talked to Rich in tech support and he advised to perform a Clear programme information & My Planned Recordings from the Help & Settings on the Home screen. This took about an hour to complete and next time the TiVo box attempted to connect to Virgin Media the download and update finished successfully so now I have an updated program guide.

0 Kudos
nathanl3600
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great that's good to hear its all sorted now
Nathan
0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to clarify, the guide updates in the early hours of Saturday morning, so provided the box is in standby at that time it should go OK.

0 Kudos