Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo problems

As I have long-standing problems on both my Tivo boxes I want an engineer sent out with two replacement boxes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo problems

Sorry, Frank, I thought your issue was a software bug, so how do you expect different (but the same) hardware to solve your problem?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Sorry, Frank, I thought your issue was a software bug, so how do you expect different (but the same) hardware to solve your problem?

I would tell you but I am not allowed.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So, apparently, I am now allowed to talk, well sort of.

The definition of a "Tivo software problem" is from VM.

While VM have a large number of Tivos out there, millions?, apparently this "Tivo software problem" is limited to my two Tivo boxes only. The rest of you are safe Smiley Happy  The problem has been confirmed to be box-related, i.e. it is nothing to do with my environment as I was originally told. This was also confirmed  by a VM engineer taking one of my boxes to another VM location and seeing the fault replicated there.

Therefore it would seem obvious to me that, if you can take the box elsewhere and replicate the fault in an otherwise working environment, that the next step is to take some action with my boxes. One step would be have an engineer flash the boxes from a good source but, to cover all possibilities, it would be preferable to have this done at a VM base. Two new boxes, both flashed at source, to ensure the possibility of no over the air corruption.

I am willing to have someone, anyone, pick holes in my argument but I think that it should be tried. In fact, maybe it should have been tried two months ago as this has been going on since May and I am getting fed up with the grief I am getting whenever we try to watch a programme.

Hope you get the chance to read this.

¡No Pasarán!
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Christ, I am raging at this moment but, of course, I am not allowed to tell you why.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well that will teach me for proving the Forum team wrong.

Having finally managed to get by them and speak to someone technical it was agreed, on Friday, that a tech should be booked for me to replace the boxes as I have been requesting. There was a specific request made internally to make this happen.

I am still waiting for that to be actioned and suspect it might be a long wait.

Don't dare complain.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, another two days have gone by and there is still no movement on the agreement on Friday to replace my boxes. It may not resolve the issues but it was agreed that it was worth a try. Even if it fails to solve the problem, it will add to the evidence required to help provide a resolution.

This was done internally so can someone get their finger out and arrange the replacement.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frank_gm, 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

I've been out of the business since Friday and therefore hadn't seen any action emails before today. As this was done internally, none of the other forum team were able to see since we don't have access to each others accounts.

I've emailed you the details of your engineer booking to try a replacement of the TiVo® boxes. Hopefully my suggestion and push of this action will give you the resolution you, and we, want Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Frank_gm, 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

I've been out of the business since Friday and therefore hadn't seen any action emails before today. As this was done internally, none of the other forum team were able to see since we don't have access to each others accounts.

I've emailed you the details of your engineer booking to try a replacement of the TiVo® boxes. Hopefully my suggestion and push of this action will give you the resolution you, and we, want Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

As I said in my email, how can a large company function on the basis where nothing happens if one individual is not around. 

And to book an appointment without consulting me first on my availability is just a joke.

And what suggestion and push? It is only because I have pushed at this continually, with weeks on end of no help, that something is happening.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have finally had my Tivos replaced at long last. I have been asked to monitor recordings/delayed TV over the next couple of weeks to see if the problem is still there.

A different engineer this morning but, as ever, very good. If only the rest of VM was up to the standards of their field engineers.

He was sent, incorrectly, with two 500GB boxes, and had to go and get another 1TB box as he only had one in his van. So I now, for the first time, have a Samsung box, the other being a Cisco.

I'll see how this goes.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos