Menu
D_Owen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo problems

We've had our Tivo box for ages and suddenly one night it deletes a collosal number of recordings (from 80% full to 40% full) totally at random, some whole series other individual episodes within series, some old recordings, some new. All attempts to talk to Virgin staff result in being total that this cannot happen!  Searching on the forum immediately showed that it can and does happen to many customers and there is obviously a fault in Tivo boxes which Virgin knows about but continues to ignore. And yes, we've got the recordings set to only delete now when we say so but that doesn't bring back all the stuff we've lost.

Talked to customer services 26th May and they agreed that compensation would be placed on our account - well they did - £3.25 for 200 Gb of lost data!! (I pay over £100 a month to them for all services. In fact it was so paultry I didn't notice the credit!

Complained to customer services again on 31st July and they insisted on sending out an engineer BUT they couldn't organize it so I had to. However faults said they couldn't because there was no fault! Manager supposed to contact e - but nearly 3 weeks later and no phone call....

0 Kudos
simoncooper76
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo problems

Hi. The same thing happened to me - 79% down to 14% - and appears to have occurred when my box was updated with the software update on Monday/Tuesday. I noticed this morning that a few others appear to have been deleted overnight last night (I was hoping this was a one-off). 

The box is acting strangely. It shows there are 6 episodes in a series but then you go into it and there may be 20 episodes. This isn't a case of it showing streaming episodes or anything like that as the blue button is set to show recordings only.  And the box has also taken to recording the same episode on the same channel three times over. Are you having any of these issues too??

I haven't phoned Virgin yet but your experience doesn't fill me with confidence for when I do!!

0 Kudos
D_Owen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Maybe someone at Virgin would like to comment about these well known issues with Tivo boxes that they are deliberately ignoring while still charging all their customers for the service...

0 Kudos
simoncooper76
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I reset my box for a third time on Saturday night and lo and behold I seem to have got a load of my programmes back.  Not only that, but prior to resetting the box I did a bit of testing - I cancelled a series link and then set it up again and it appears that programmes are only recording once now and not three times.

Fingers crossed this is sorted out now, but I am concerned that the box will engage in more overnight wholesale programme deleting... will have to keep an eye on it.  Hopefully it was caused by the update and won't be repeated.

0 Kudos