Menu
phil-roe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo playback jerky or pixellated

I'm currently having real issues with my Tivo, every recently recorded program is jerky during playback. I tried deleting some programs in case it was down to the drive being quite full but this hasn't cured it and I've tried switching off and rebooting, all to no avail. Watching TV is fine, although we have had some issues with flashing lights and loss of service occasionally. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo playback jerky or pixellated

Two ideas. It may be a signal issue. It may be a dying box  so I'd phone in and get an engineer. 

0 Kudos
phil-roe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm not convinced that it's a signal issue as watching live has no issues it's only the playback of recent recordings. I sort of came to the same conclusion as you in that I think the hard disk is on its way out. Annoying since there are quite a few films I've still to watch but it seems like a phone call will be in order.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi phil-roe,

Welcome tot he community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings aren't playing back very well.  I will be happy to help get this fixed for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and signal and power levels are great.  I wasn't able to fully check the hard drive status, this may be due to the fault occurring. 

I will arrange for an engineer to call out for you.  I will send the details in a private message.  (look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos