Menu
MaryLarden
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo playback frequently pixelates or freezes or skips a chunk of the recording

For several weeks we have had frequent occasions when a recording that is being played back will do one or more of the following: freeze for a few seconds, often freezing again a few seconds later, skipping a chunk of the recording, or pixelating the image and then freezing.

I have reset the TIVO but this has made no difference.

The problem is clearly getting worse and is now happening several times a day.

Any advice or thoughts?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo playback frequently pixelates or freezes or skips a chunk of the recording

It's very probably your hard drive dying. You'll need an engineer. 150 free from a virgin phone. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo playback frequently pixelates or freezes or skips a chunk of the recording

Hi there MaryLarden, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some glitches when watching your recordings. 

I've done some testing on the connection, and can see that as Parrotperson has advised, there is an issue with the hard drive, so we will need to arrange for a technician to call out and take a look at things for you.

I've sent you a private message in order to set the wheels in motion, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon. Click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos