Menu
paplane
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo playback breaking up/freezing

I'm experiencing a freezing picture/sound, distorted picture etc on playback of recorded programs as well as viewing after live TV has been paused.

I've had this in the past with other sky+ boxes I've owned and have learnt from those experiences that the internal hard disk has failed. I suspect it's the same thing.

The problem last for about 30 seconds and then the picture resumes with no problems.

I've switched the unit off at the mains/waiting 30 secs and restarted but this has failed to resolve the problem. 

Any ideas?????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo playback breaking up/freezing

Hey Paplane,

Thank you for coming in and posting again, welcome back.

I am sorry that there's been some issues on the TV services and pixilation recently. I've been looking into the TiVo and from what I can gather your signals returning to the network are showing out of range we'd need for them to operate.

I would suggest at this time to arrange an engineer as there's no outages currently associated to your connection. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Tinyclanger
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello all!

I know this is an old thread now, but our Tivo has started suffering from the same problems. It seems to have started after an outage we had in the local area a few weeks ago - but that could purely be coincidence.

I'm seeing two issues - one with freezing of recordings on playback, which if you stop the playback and restart then seem to play ok, sometimes you can rewind a bit (or fast forward) and it'll also then play fine.

The other seems to have a complete picture breakup where it goes all pixelated and stutters for several seconds, then plays fine. rewinding or replaying these doesn't change anything - it's always pixelated.

Tad annoying really!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tinyclanger,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see and issue with the signal levels that feed the box. I'm also having trouble getting a status from the hard drive. I'd like to send a technician to sort this out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jill_oakland
Just joined
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. Is there a problem with the hard disk drive on the TiVo box? Can remote diagnostics be run for my TiVo box, too?

0 Kudos
Bigjack08
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem; when we watch a recording the picture breaks up for a few seconds.  Also if we are watching a programme live and a recording ends, the program reverts to the start, it is very annoying.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jill_Oakland,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigjack08,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
luren
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old stream but I'm having the exact same problem with our downstairs Tivo box. Recordings from November 16 up to recent recordings are breaking up in both picture & sound. Seems to be around 10  to 15 mins into the recording, frustrating. Different Tivo box upstairs is fine. Should I call out an engineer, do I need a replacement Tivo box.

Any help/advice appreciated?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

luren wrote:

I know this is an old stream but I'm having the exact same problem with our downstairs Tivo box. Recordings from November 16 up to recent recordings are breaking up in both picture & sound. Seems to be around 10  to 15 mins into the recording, frustrating. Different Tivo box upstairs is fine. Should I call out an engineer, do I need a replacement Tivo box.

Any help/advice appreciated?

Could be an HDD problem or could be anther problem that VM prefer not to discuss. Either way you should call it in, that is what they are there for, and you pay for, and they should be able to check and send out an engineer if required.

I am interested in what you say above "Seems to be around 10  to 15 mins into the recording". When the break up finishes, are you able to rewind and play the same bit correctly second time round?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos