Menu
Sam2510
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo overheating

Hi,we had our tivo box installed on the 8th march,and today a warning came up on the screen saying it was overheating,do we need a new box?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo overheating

Is it well ventilated? ie: not stuck in an enclosed cupboard

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Sam2510
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes well ventilated and the box didn't even feel warm,also one of the red lights is on to say it's recording but nothing is due to be recorded until tomorrow.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A couple of people have reported this in the past - but seemed to be a one-off and didn't say it again.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sam2510 wrote:
Yes well ventilated and the box didn't even feel warm,also one of the red lights is on to say it's recording but nothing is due to be recorded until tomorrow.

What is the motherboard temperature (MBT) reported on the System Info screen? The warning was introduced into the software a couple of years ago.

Tivo records "suggestions" it thinks you might like. You can turn this feature off in the menu. It used to be a very useful Tivo trademarked famed feature until Virgin decided to mess around with the algorithm so it is no longer based on programs you like (thumbs up/down) but programs Virgin want to push to you for their own gain. At the same time they introduced a limit of 50 after which recordings are deleted which makes it even more of a waste of time. If you see something you might like to watch, it could be gone the next time you look so most people seem to turn it off.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam2510,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If you're still getting this message let me know and I can help further.  

I'm here if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos