Menu
paulmking
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo out of sync!!

Hi All,

My Tivo goes out of sync on recordings or when pausing live TV, any ideas?

Regards Paul.

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo out of sync!!

paulmking wrote:

Hi All,

Regards Paul.

It comes and goes and has done since day one. VM might check your signal levels and might tell you to reboot and maybe they will find some random error on your box that they will blame it on and maybe they won't. Bottom line is that there is no fix and it will continue to happen until they fix it. Unfortunately VM don't seem to like fixing things. I'm trying to watch something myself right now but it is not fit for purpose, for the same reason, hence this post..

There must be hundreds of posts on this subject.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there paulmking, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues when you watching recordings or delay TV.  I've run some testing on both of your set top boxes, and can see no issue with either. The signal strength and hard drives on both see spot on. 

I'd now have to ask if this happens on both boxes?

Are you connecting the TiVo® to any sound systems?

I would really love to hear more about this. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
paulmking
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw thanks for your reply.

I'd now have to ask if this happens on both boxes?  No - just the older lounge STB, our second box is unaffected.
Are you connecting the TiVo® to any sound systems? No - direct to LG smart TV via HDMI.

It goes out of sync when pausing all channels not HD or non-HD only etc.

And recordings set of ok but if you pause & then restart them the recording goes out of sync.

We have been continuous customers with VM since Telewest, Blueyonder and never had this sort of issue previously.

I'm sure you can imagine the grief i'm getting from the wife with all her favouite soaps with a 4 second lip sync.

please help.

Regard Paul.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

Thank you so much for coming back to me with this information. Whilst I'm not seeing any particular issues on either of your TiVo® boxes, this does not sound right at all - excuse the pun Smiley Wink 

I'd like to arrange to get a technician to call out for you, so I'll send you a private message in order to get things sorted for you. 

Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Thanks again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

paulmking wrote:

Hi All,

Regards Paul.

This is a common problem and has never been fixed.

Only happens on TiVo and I get the same as yourself. Same comments from VM techs and an engineer will say nothing is wrong.

Am I negative? Yes. Why? Cos it's the same story but different day.

0 Kudos
byker28i
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We also get this, the sound is slightly delayed to the picture, easy to spot when someone is talking. It's been a 'function' since one of the software updates

0 Kudos