Menu
baccata
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo on demand unavailable

I tried to rent a film via Tivo on demand this evening and the film is showing as in our rentals but when I try to play it, an error message appears saying 'On Demand is Temporarily Unavailable with error code 403'.

I ran the test and restarted the Tivo box but this didn't fix it.

Not happy, it appears we will be charged for a film we haven't been able to watch.

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo on demand unavailable

The on demand service from Virginmedia via TIVO box goes from worse to worse with HD content practically non existent. But watch when the new box comes out all problems will be resolved if you get one of these boxes at a higher subscription.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Baccata Smiley Happy

Many thanks for your message, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the On Demand hasn't been working for you recently. I have been able to look into the TiVo and the box is running well with no sign of errors. I would like to ask if this is something that is still happening and whether if that code is still populating?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
baccata
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

After several restarts of the Tivo box, we were able to watch the purchased film the day after we selected it, which isn't what we paid for.  'On Demand' means when YOU want it not a day later.

During the time the Tivo box was not working properly, our recordings in 'My Shows' were unavailable to watch, this is now working again.

Thanks for looking into the problem.

Joanne