Menu
oldred47
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo not working

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting the having a problem with that channel message, which seems to have been getting more frequent.

Re booting the TIVO box seems to have worked.

There has also been a failure to record some programmes which we have a series link for.

Several times today all the lights on the box have flashed on and off again, and now there is no signal message on the TV screen, and every few minutes I get a message that it is starting up, but nothing happens.

I contacted customer services on 150 and went through pressing buttons on the phone until I got a recorded message telling me to wait 10 minutes while they rebooted my box.

The box did not re boot, and I waited about 20 minutes.

I phoned 150 again, and went through all the button pressing, then stayed on the line as instructed.

I was asked to press 3 digits from my password, and was then informed that they were closed, although it clearly states on the website that it is open until midnight.

0 Kudos
oldred47
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo not working

Today has not been a good day. I phoned this morning and went through all the pressing buttons again, I was then told I would need to wait 4 hours to see if it was resolved, and that someone would call to update me.

No phone call, and problem the same, so called 151, and was informed that an engineer call had been booked for 2 weeks time!!

I called again and was informed by the agent that was the 1st possible appointment. I was put on hold for 20 minutes whilst he checked if anything sooner. He came back and informed me that it was marked as priority but an earlier appointment would only be possible if there was a cancellation.

I requested the number to cancel my TV. He gave me a number, which was unobtainable.

I finally got through and was informed that I could not cancel as I had recently changed my package, so it was a new contract. I informed him that a contract was 2 way, and if Virgin cannot fulfill their side then I was going to cancel.

He then told me that he would try and contact an area manager, but he might not get back to him until Thursday. I pointed out that the least that a communications company should at least communicate, and that a possible wait of 48 hours just for a reply was not acceptable.
I asked him to put a note on the system that if I did not hear anything within 24 hours then I would go ahead and cancel my TV.
0 Kudos
oldred47
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo not working

So, tonight I called 151, more in hope than anticipation, as I had not received a call which I had been promised if an earlier appointment was available as I had been marked as a priority.
Lo and behold, the charming person that I spoke to informed me that there were several earlier appointments available, and offered me a choice of earlier appointments. It really does beggar belief.