Menu
Ksinghrai
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo not rewinding live TV & last channels

My Tivo, a recent replacement, does not rewind the tv if I go to the last 2 channels, it should do.

It only rewinds on the current channel but as soon as I switch channels and come back, even within a few seconds, it has lost the memory or facilty to rewind.

If I turn the box on and off from the back, it will work for a few days and then stop again, my old tivo box never had this problem. This is one of the best features of the Tivo and its 3 tuners and I use all the time.

Any ideas ?

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo not rewinding live TV & last channels

Are you using the option to select a tuner to switch to or just switching channels normally?

If you just switch channels normally it may switch the channel on the tuner you're currently watching (especially if there are recordings going on), hence losing the ability to rewind when you return to that channel.

0 Kudos
Ksinghrai
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I just select channels normally as have done always and used to be find, to be honest, I dont know how one would use the `option to switch tuner`.

I may have to log as fault with box,

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pressing the info button will bring up the banner which has the options for cycling through the tuners.

It doesn't sound like there's a fault with your TiVo, there's no guarantee that it will retain the buffer for a channel if you just change channel normally, in fact, if it's recording two programs then there's no way it can. It might retain the buffer and maybe previously you've just got lucky, but the TiVo isn't designed to always retain the buffer for the last channels watched.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ksinghrai,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If you're still having trouble with this, let me know.

All the best,

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please could you help me with Live TV channels not rewinding on my Tivo box when i go to them.

The facility to rewind does not seem to exist.Apparantly some Live TV channels will rewind,while

some will not.Is there anything i can do to be able to rewind back.Or am i unable to do this on my Tivo?. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Whether you can rewind Live TV depends on whether a buffer has built up or not. A buffer is built up when a tuner is on a channel. If none of the tuners have been on the channel you've just started watching you won't be able to rewind back past the time you started watching the channel.

You can tell how much buffer exists by the amount of red showing in the 'Trickplay' bar that shows when you press any of the play controls apart from Stop.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So the next question is how do i enable a Tuner on a Live TV channel,so that i can rewind the

Live TV channel i want to watch?.There is no buffer on certain channels,hence no red showing in

the "Trickplay bar",would i be able to see a red line on the "Trickplay" bar if a Tuner is enabled for a

channel?.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the tuners will be the last channel you watched or one that is currently recording you can't set it to always buffer one channel
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Whether you get a buffer on a channel is automatic based on what channels the TiVo needs to record and what you're watching.

For instance if TiVo records a show from BBC Two then the tuner will be on that channel, and unless TiVo needs to do something else would stay on that channel. So you'd have a buffer available for BBC Two.

But say you have a TiVo box which has three tuners and you've been recording BBC One, Two and Four, and then decide to watch something on another channel than any of those three, then none of the tuners have a buffer for the fourth channel you've changed to.

The longer the red bar in the Trickplay bar, the more of a buffer you have. This buffer will go back up to one hour if you're not recording anything on that tuner, or back to the start of recording if you're on a tuner that has a recording in progress.

You can see what tuners are on which channel by pressing 'Info' on your remote when you're on Live TV and then going down to the the 'Three R' icon on the bottom left. This then shows what channels the tuners are currently on and whether any of them are recording.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own