Menu
richard1900
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo not recording from Standby

Hi,

Had the Tivo for a couple of years, all ok, now for the last week or so, if any program has been marked to record, either single or series linked,  and the Tivo the left in Standby, it fails to record.

Search the menus, but all it says is "Not Recorded "  - which I know !

Don't have a heavy record schedule and plenty of hdd space and no power problems.

Did a complete Tivo Reset and Delete everything and started again with just one simple record, but it continues to fail to record from standby.

Now after a few more days its still as bad.

If I can see the red recording light has not come on when it should, if I just start /wake up the Tivo then it will start recording that program, but only from the point I manually woke it up.

Any help please ...?

0 Kudos
richard1900
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo not recording from Standby

Ah, answered by this post which did not show up when I did a search before.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-not-recording-when-in-standby-and...
0 Kudos
vincakes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm quite relieved that it's not me having gone mad or done something wrong to stop it from recording.

Still, I'm a bit miffed at having missed some of the Tour de France.

Anyone know when the fix will be around?

Vincakes

0 Kudos
Lfc2016uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is a major problem across some parts of the U.K. This fault has been caused by firmware update last month. Which was full of bugs. The VM team are working hard to find where this fault is in 6 million bits of code and will soon send another update to resolve the issue. Once issue has been sorted you can contact VM customer relations for compensation!
0 Kudos