Menu
gwenlittledude
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - not able to access On Demand

We had a new tivo box installed a week ago as the old one was faulty, since they replaced the box  we haven't been able to access catch up tv or on demand, tried live chat it will not connect, tried phoning Virgin it says a 20 min wait as they are busy, i am not a happy bunny !

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
kezzidog
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo

Have ypu gone to settings and connecyed it to vm netwprk
0 Kudos
gwenlittledude
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have checked all settings on the box it's all running fine, mac number etc, i saved all settings from the old faulty box, i can set recordings via virgin tv listings online, but catch up & on demand keep saying check back soon, it's been like that since he swapped the boxes a week ago

0 Kudos
gwenlittledude
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

After two weeks of no catch up or on demand tech is checking it in the morning, bet we need another replacement box, rubbish service !
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

gwenlittledude wrote:
After two weeks of no catch up or on demand tech is checking it in the morning, bet we need another replacement box, rubbish service !

If I have read your posts correctly then that suggests that this will be your third box. Rather than just replacing boxes I would suggest that the engineer needs to look at your wider environment. The power supply, your co-ax connection back to the cabinet, etc.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
gwenlittledude
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Replaced the box again today, still no catch up or on demand, he did say that the new boxes that do not need cards seem to have this issue & they are working on the problem......
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

gwenlittledude wrote:
Replaced the box again today, still no catch up or on demand, he did say that the new boxes that do not need cards seem to have this issue & they are working on the problem......

I had both my Tivos replaced late last year and neither of the replacements had cards. Not for me to say that he is talking nonsense but .......

Did he do any other checks?  Another possibility may be an authentication problem with your account rather than a card issue.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
gwenlittledude
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Did the same checks i have been doing myself everyday, mac address etc all looks fine, i can access iplayer if i go through apps but nothing else works, even the app for upgrading won't work.
0 Kudos
gwenlittledude
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Three weeks without catch up or on demand, i was going to contact Virgin again in the morning to cancel the tv but while watching a recording at 3.15 AM the box rebooted yet again, i was peed off as usual for the interruption, but low & behold when it started up we have all systems go, back up & running, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello gwenlittledude,

Apologies that you've been unable to us your Catch Up for this long.

Are there any error messages and is it happening on certain programs or just when you press Catch Up?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos