Menu
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo no channel then error then comes on????

This is on a new Samsung box,we up-graded to the V.I.P. which is 2 TiVo's and we had 2 new boxes  (had old TiVo which we sent back) so started a fresh,1 Tivo 1Tig Cisco and a 500gb Samsung.

The Samsung is bad,you press the Guide for channels and takes a nice bit to come on and a few times we get an error,writing saying something like if the keep happening to contact you and something like a W02 or like that code,it don't always happen but now i have started to always turn the box onto std.by when now in use,i don't rate the Samsung box as a lot slower and this is our first one,had a old Cisco one for a good 10years and been A1,this is only on the Samsung.

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo no channel then error then comes on????

Reading a few  (W02) problems on here it could be the splitter or cable so i have checked the cable and up-dated the splitter as the one i was using was a 5-1000 and i have gone for the 5-2500 3-way (2xtivo and modem),would this do anything as i use upto 200vivid speed on the internet and both TiVo's at the same time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace1969,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®

I'd like to run some checks on your TiVo® so I can get this sorted for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi have sent a private message but dont know if it will be a waist of time as the error only happens once in a while and it just runs slower for say the Guide and stuff to load put here is another thing that i have added on the private message. In the cisco box i have the card in the box but was told to take it out of the samsung one as its not needed,i have put it back in now so i have them both in the boxes,you can run another check if you please. They did mention this on the phone a few months ago about 1 is saying its not connected or something but it is working in that way like programs etc.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would not be using your own splitters on VM's network cabling. Most splitters are not designed for cable use, & can not only cause issues with your own service, they can allow RF noise to track back down the cable & affect other customers on your street cabinet. 5 - 1000 Mhz is the correct bandwidth for UK cable services.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have used this splitter for years and i mean years (10 years or more) and just put a newer one on being some change to the 5-2500 and i can see a small improvement on it,i just get so many different answers from people so don't know the best way to go on them.
0 Kudos