Menu
jsansom
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo no TV picture but menu works

Hi,

Have to say I am a bit frustrated. I have been with VM for about 15 years and since my TiVo was replaced on 27th July 2016 due to a fault I have been having ongoing problems (kept going really slow and had to keep getting reset to make it fast again)

Yesterday morning 24th August the TV picture has gone on all channels, I can see the guide and menus but there is no TV picture. It’s been reset, wiped, re tuned in the network setting but still no joy.

When calling VM I have been told there is a fault that they are aware of and it will be fixed in 4 hours.... it wasn't. After numerous calls to VM totalling several hours and swapping my hdmi cable and other tests they have booked an engineer for me but the first one is 1st September 8 days away. Seems very poor as I now have no TV service and I had complained several times already about the TiVo box since it was replaced on 27th July.

If it is going to be 8 days could a replacement box not be sent in the post at least then its next day?

Never posted before but this time I’m just really disappointed in the service.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo no TV picture but menu works

Hi jsansom, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having an issue watching TV via your TiVo® service. 

Whenever there is a fault, we need to run through certain checks to determine if the issue is with the TiVo® itself, the Network or cabling or an area fault. 

Unless the answer is definitively the box, we wouldn't be able to send a replacement as it could result in a greater cost. 

I know it's annoying when we can't get an engineer to you sooner. I'm hoping that since you posted the issue has resolved? If not, an engineer will be with you tomorrow and we'll have you back up and running again shortly. 

Keep us posted on things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jsansom
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Engineer came today and had to replace the box as it was faulty.

This time it was replaced with a new box and not a reconditioned one which was unfortunatley faulty when replaced on 27th July and I had problems with it until it eventually stopped showing all the TV channels.

Thanks for replying anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jsansom,

Thanks for posting an update!

Glad to hear the technician sorted it out for you.

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos