Menu
soltisolti
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo keeps restarting/freezing

Hi,

For the last week Tivo has started restarting randomly and then freezes on the starting up screen.  When trying to watch recorded programs the Tivo  locks up for several minutes before starting playback, remote control has no control of switching back to TV, little green light flashes to acknowledge the remote has requested an action but no action is taken.  When playback does start there is no fast forward or 30s jump, these just freeze the playback.  Tried unplugging and leaving for10/20/30 minutes but no change, just take forever to restart.

Please help

0 Kudos
soltisolti
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo keeps restarting/freezing

Left Tivo unplugged all night, lets see what happens when I plug it in
0 Kudos
soltisolti
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo restarted several times, all the lights flashing like a Christmas tree then just sits there, TV reports no signal from the Tivo. Pressing the on/off button on the Tivo does nothing have to switch it off with the switch on the back of the unit. Is my Tivo box dead?
0 Kudos
soltisolti
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contacted customer support, 150. Spoke to a very helpful lady, engineering coming out tomorrow morning. Looks like a new box is needed, will lose all recorded programmes :-(
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Soltisolti,

Thank you for coming to the Community and posting for the first time, welcome from all of us and I.

So sorry to learn about the TiVo, I've also been in and can see that any internet services you may have will be affected by some Downstream power level issues there in the home.

I can see that you've got a visit booked and would like to know how it all went?

I'll pop back later to check on how you got on Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos