Menu
azolified
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo keeps crashing

Hi,

For the last month or so my TiVo box keeps crashing when watching Netflix, On Demand or Catch Up services. It started of happening only every now and again but is now doing it every 5 - 10 minutes making watching these services impossible and very frustrating.

When it happens I get a message stating that my device may not be connected to the internet. The green heart light, which is normally solid then flashes for about 5 minutes before returning to a solid state and then I can continue watching until it does it again a few minutes later.

I have tried turning the TiVo box off and then on again to fix the problem but this failed to work. I contacted you guys by phone the other day about the issue and they did a remote reset, which also failed. We then tried signing out of Netflix and signing in again after doing a few button presses. This again did not work. It was then suggested I use the "connect now" option from the help - settings - network option 2 times in a row. I have done this and again I still have the issue.

It does not affect any of the normal TV channels or recordings. It only seems to happen with Netflix, on demand and catch up services.

Is this a problem with my TiVo box? How can I get this issue fixed so I can actually watch these services I am paying for?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo keeps crashing

Hi azolified,

Welcome to the forum community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is frequently cutting out when using Apps and On Demand facilities.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

I have connected to your box remotely and at present all looks fine signal and power level wise.  There's no high demand issues affecting the network you are connected to which is great to see.

I would like just like to know, will this happen at random times or specific times of the day?  Let me know and I can check further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
azolified
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thank you for the quick reply. It happens every single time I try to watch it. Morning afternoon or evening makes no difference. With the crashing and reboots it takes 2 hours to watch a 1 hour programme. If I'm watching normal tv channels it never crashes so its definitely something specific to on demand and Netflix.
Is it possible to monitor my device for several days then you will see it happen when I'm watching it?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi azolified,

Thank you for getting back to me Smiley Happy

We could monitor it, issue is that even if you posted on her saying the fault is happening, we can't guarantee that we will catch your response in time.  The readings we take are a quick snap shot of what the signal/power levels are at that time.  

It does sound like the signal is dropping out intermittently.  Can you please let me know if you have checked all the leads in the back of the box are plugged in securely?

Once the leads have been ruled out I will arrange for an engineer to call round and get this fixed for you.  

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
azolified
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
Yes I have checked the leads and they are in tight both ends.
An engineer visit would be appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks azolified for confirming,

I will be happy to arrange this for you.  I will send the details in a private message for you.  

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy