Highlighted
richyboyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo issues with Now TV and Youtube

Afternoon Virgin Team

Hope you can can

I keep having issues streaming Now tv, Youtube etc from my Tivo box. Also my tiro box is so slow and has been for over a year now.

Apparently Virgin tivo being slow is a known issue to Virgin,

I am at a loss now as i have tried everything to to get this streaming issue fixed. I have re-set my tivo, phoned up and virgin have run tests etc and changed my settings

i don't know what else to do 

hope you can help

regards

Rich 

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo issues with Now TV and Youtube

As far as I'm aware Virgin Media do not offer the Now TV service, so not sure how you can be experiencing connection problems to something that's not available.
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Now TV app isn't available on any Virgin Media set top box.

However, you are absolutely right about the TiVo boxes being slow. The only effective solution to this is to upgrade to the V6 box which is much faster and in most cases now only costs £20. However, if you re-contract your services for another 12 months, they may give you one for free as part of that deal.

Best people to speak to should you take this avenue is retentions, the "thinking of leaving us" option when you call up. See what they say. Mention the issues you've been having but in a polite way, the trick is to make them want to give you a good deal so a bit of charm will go a long way.

Keep us posted.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
richyboyy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply -
The NOW TV is through my LG Smart TV and keeps freezing along with YOUTUBE which i view through the Tivo box and also the smart tv. I queried my internet with them but they run some tests saying all well.
Im at a loss because I'm using Youtube and Now tv more and more.
I may try to get a V6 box to see if this improves the Youtube and slowness of my TIVO

Keep you updated
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't help you with the Now TV app on your smart TV.

However, the YouTube issues on the TiVo boxes are ongoing and are unlikely to be fixed to be honest with you. The V6 box is much faster all round and runs the YouTube app well.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos