Menu
jamiekershberg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo is slow

Hello,

Im new to Virgin Media and have brought the big bundle recently.  We have had in installed for only a week now and i am happy with most things except the painfully slow Tivo Box.  When click onto the homepage, theres a delay for the page to load and then when navigating through anything on the home page it is just so slow.  

I just went to watch some glastonbury footage catch up and it took about 5 minutes to load.  

Really not happy with this.  Could someone help please.

Thanks

Jamie 

0 Kudos
sharrattm
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo is slow

..the tivo is slow, painfully slow with apps and catch-up.

if you want to use i-player, netflix or other any streaming or catch-up services  use your tv's buit in smart features if it has them,  or otherwise  get a £30 ChromeCast or similar device (Roku, Amazon etc ) instead for a much, much better experience. The virgin  Tivo simply isn't up to it Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been suffering since the software update some timings

Home button around 1:20

My shows up to 30 seconds

Tv button from most menus 40 seconds

Play a recording up to 1:30

The annoying thing is there seems to be no acknowledgement there is a problem despite many complaints on the forum.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamiekershberg,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your TiVo's slow performance. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment and can see a problem with your TiVo. I'll need to arrange an engineer appointment with you to get this problem resolved.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange the appointment for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos