Menu
imajica37
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo is going to delete my unwatched programmes?

I have just noticed that 4 or 5 of my programmes have the timer by them on the "my shows" page. When I go into them they all say they will be deleted within 24 hours.

I am confused as my box is currently only 13% full. Also they are all either one off programmes or if part of a series link I only have the one show recorded from each of the series (If that makes sense?). A couple are quite old (early July and early September) but a couple are from the end of October, not sure if age makes a difference?

After reading something from another post on here I have managed to go into each programme and change them to keep until I delete, but I don't want to have to keep doing this (or being paraniod and keep checking recordings to make sure no more are planning on disappearing)

Any one else had this or know why it is happening?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo is going to delete my unwatched programmes?

it won't actually delete them unless it needs the room, I've had ones that say that for months, the only exception yo this is if you have set the series link to keep a maximum no of episodes (the default is 10) if there are more than that set to record it will delete them, if you have it set at 10 and select KUID it will stop recording that series unless there are less than 10 in the folder

0 Kudos
imajica37
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey, thanks for the super quick reply. That is really good to know. I'd just noticed that 7 out of 8 of another series link all said it too so have gone through and made them all keep till I delete, at least I know now that I don't have to do that any more.

Do you know how long it takes for these timers to appear? It seems odd that it is on programmes that only recorded 16 days ago. I suppose that I should have realised that if the recent ones had the timer but the one from July is still there that they wouldn't have been deleted.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The way it calculates how much room you need (if you don't delete anything) and how much you have set to record over the next 2 weeks plus the maximum number of episodes set to keep, it looks at all of that churns out a calculation and sets markers accordingly, I can't give you a better answer than that as there is probably some horrendously complex logic behind it that no one outside of tivo really understands

0 Kudos