Menu
effzed
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo is awfully slow

are there plans for a new Tivo box? - the box is oh so slow and feels very dated.

Do you have plans for a new one very soon?  If not I am afraid I am gonna jump ship to Sky - the Sky GUI and operating system feels so much better.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo is awfully slow

There might well be a new box end of this year beginning of next. Difficult to say because obviously virgin can't announce market sensitive info til the deal is done as it were

agreed box can slowdown. Try with remote pressing thumbs up thumbs down play play. You should hear a beep and the box should be better. Not quite sky fast but it did improve mine enough for me to wait around to see what virgin has to offer. 

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

There might well be a new box end of this year beginning of next. Difficult to say because obviously virgin can't announce market sensitive info til the deal is done as it were

agreed box can slowdown. Try with remote pressing thumbs up thumbs down play play. You should hear a beep and the box should be better. Not quite sky fast but it did improve mine enough for me to wait around to see what virgin has to offer. 

And if you follow this sequence, you don't lose any recordings or planned recordings?

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lose nothing, and it did improve the responsiveness of my Tivo. Not brilliant, but better ( and useable)

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos