Menu
franko3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo hard drive on its way out?

Hi, my tivo is playing up with recorded material and am wondering if this maybe a sign of the hard drive failing?

Had a play with it yesterday and all live stuff seems fine, if I pause and rewind then play again the picture often freezes and goes all glitchy.

Going back to live tv all seems fine again.

All recorded stuff on the tivo is now exhibiting the same problem as I can see it.

Is it possible for someone to remotely take a look at my tivo or is the suggestion that I request an engineer visit?

Many thanks,

Franko.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo hard drive on its way out?

Hey Franko

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing with the recorded content on your TiVo® box at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're seeing some issues being detected and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Franko

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing with the recorded content on your TiVo® box at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're seeing some issues being detected and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

franko3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to Craig_D for organising an engineer visit at the weekend.

Engineer turned up on time and ran some thorough tests on the Tivo, he confirmed that the hard drive was overheating and about to fail completely.

He changed the Tivo for a new one and stayed past his work finishing time to make sure it was all set up and working properly.

He gave me a web address to log into which loaded all my wishlists and subscription info to the new box which took about 30 minutes.

Very pleased with the service thanks 👍

0 Kudos
Jlads1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I think I'm getting the the same problem but worse and a number of other issues

Can you please advise

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jlads1,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I've located your account and run some checks on your equpiment. I'd like to book a technician to take a look at it for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranged.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos