Menu
teamfloyduk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing on iPlayer

My Tivo box has started freezing while trying to watch BBC iPlayer.

I've had two attempts to watch Italy's invisible cities, it buffers for ages then gives up and tells me something has gone wrong, Really!

Anyone else have buffering issues on their Tivo box please?

Cheers TF 

0 Kudos
teamfloyduk
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing on iPlayer

Tried again today and still unwatchable on catch up
0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ive given up using it,my smart tv works better and quicker

0 Kudos
teamfloyduk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tell you what I'll be glad when my TV packs up and I get a smart TV it will be goodbye virginmedia.
0 Kudos
teamfloyduk
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Now the TiVo is deciding to turn itself off.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi teamfloyduk,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your TiVo®.

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you. I'll need to take more information from you in order to check your TiVo®, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi teamfloyduk,

Thank you for sending your details. I have run testing to your TiVo® and no issues are seen with the box. 

The issue with the BBC iPlayer loading slowly is being investigated by our technicians. At this time, we suggest trying the following to help speed up your TiVo® response time: 

Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset TiVo box - Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions - Enter Pin -To proceed - press Thumbs Down three times and then "LAST Ch" button on the remote. 

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If you continue to have problems where you are not able to access the iPlayer after several minutes and rebooting the TiVo® still won't allow the app to load, please give our Faults Team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can retest the box while the fault is happening.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos