Menu
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing, loud buzzing

Since yesterday our Tivo has started freezing, wide bars across the screen and a loud buzzing noise, lasting a few seconds each time. I just did what I normally do when it plays up (every day between 5pm and 6pm) and removed/reinserted the HDMI cable. This either helped yesterday or the problem had sorted itself out by the time I got round to it. I haven't done that yet today.

The thing is, is this a known issue with Tivos (Tivoes?)?

0 Kudos
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing, loud buzzing

Update - still doing this and I'm loathe to do anything to workaround the problem. These Tivo problems are well known and widely experienced. When will VM admit that they are charging us for faulty, buggy equipment?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

MikeyMcG wrote:

Update - still doing this and I'm loathe to do anything to workaround the problem. These Tivo problems are well known and widely experienced. When will VM admit that they are charging us for faulty, buggy equipment?

Have you reported it yet?If so, what did VM tell you?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I haven't yet as we've workmen in at the minute installing new doors and windows, so thers a lot of banging and sawing etc going on. But if I get a chance I will be ringing tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeyMcG

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment, I've been able to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're not seeing any problems from our end at the moment with the hard drive reporting back as looking well, although that doesn't completely eliminate the hard drive as a potential cause of this issue.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look at this so we can ensure it's working as it should. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos