Menu
JohnM29
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing every 10 seconds!

My Tivo has been a nightmare since the V6 software was introduced. After some time a new release seemed to make things a bit better. But now almost all recorded programmes freeze every 10 seconds or so, making them unwatchable. I have tried the thumbs down/thumbs up/play/play many times but it doesn't help. The system is not delivering the performance that I am paying for. Can someone on the virgin team check out the system from their end? Can't bear the thought of having to deal with the help line. This really needs sorting out - perhaps one of the new boxes?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing every 10 seconds!

If it only occurs during recorded programmes, then quite likely you have an issue with the HDD in the box.

Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello JohnM29,

Sorry to hear this is happening with your TiVo® box, I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello again JohnM29,

As mentioned in my post I would like to book a technician to visit your property.

Our appointments range from 8-12PM, 12-4PM, or 4-7PM Monday to Friday and between 8-12PM and 12-4PM on a Saturday, would any of those work for you, giving a few days’ notice?

We'd just need to ask that someone over the age of 18 is at home for the appointment.

Can I also confirm the address please and do you have a mobile number for the technician if he needs to contact you?

Speak soon

Rose

Virgin Media Forum Team

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos