Menu
Sean140588
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing and pixelating

Hi, having trouble with my tivo box. Some recordings and live tv keep freezing and pixelating with no sound. Only had it a week!
0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing and pixelating

Is that either a recording or live pause recorded between 10 and 15 minutes past the hour or when you're watching at about 10 to 15 minutes past the hour and normally accompanied by the machine grinding to a halt?  If so it is an officially unacknowledged but well known issue on this forum. Never happened on my Cisco but has happened on both replacement Samsung boxes that seem to struggle recording and playing back at the same time.  Getting my fourth box tomorrow and if that doesn't work well ask for the fifth, sixth, etc and will make this as expensive for Virgin as I possibly can.

----------------------------------------------------------
OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA in my SE London area 21 running since 2009, but potentially on its way to being resolved although still only 1/5th of advertised speed at times

Original TiVo video output scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings Scaling Bug

The day it started to go wrong again 2017

0 Kudos
Sean140588
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As it happens it's all of those you listed. We also have a Samsung tivo. Doesn't sound very good for me being a new customer....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sean140588,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing these issues with your TiVo® box.

I have located your account and the signals on the boxes are looking good so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sean140588
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rose.

Yes I still seem to get issues with the freezing during live pause and recorded shows. The hard drive in the box makes a lot of clicking noises as though the reader is struggling to find the data. On recorded shows I can stop the show then play from last viewed and it's fine but happens again later on. As for live pausing it crashes the whole box sometimes.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sean140588

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your TV service.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this if you're still experiencing the issues, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide