Menu
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo fit for the bin!

My contract with Virgin cant come to an end soon enough, I've endured over a year of this and its now beyond a joke. Had 3 "technician" callouts and STILL no improvement.

For my £100 a month heres what I get

1/9/2016 - current speed test shows 5mb download speed and as slow as 0.8 at times. I get at least 3 drop outs per day despite engineers replacing everything. This is in central Grantham where I'm on a 150mb package.

Tivo - since the update it takes 12 seconds from pressing the home button to the menu appearing then a further 12-15 seconds to get into the tv guide. I've rebooted the box and done the background data clear thing with little improvement. Ive also lost 2 films I recorded prior to update which are no longer there AND I have at least 1 series link which no longer works, even if I delete it and re-instate the series link. 

Wifi - ever since it was installed in 2015 I cant get wifi in any other room than the one with the router in it. The signal literally plummets when you go upstairs so you're waving your phone around for a signal. This is in a standard terraced house, 3 bed. In my mates 17th century stone cottage on his 1 mb BT Broadband I could stream SKY from the furthest room from the router, yet virgin cant get me a signal in my house.

January 1st cant come soon enough. I used to rave about Virgins broadband to other family members etc and tolerated the tv/wifi issues but my cancellation and switch to SKY cant come quick enough. £100 a month (currently discounted to £83) is just crazy

0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo fit for the bin!

Not even worthy of a reply or some sort of support from Virgin, pretty much says it all.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be absolutely fair this is primarily a user forum for users to help other users. It is moderated of course but it can take several days for mods to see all posts. Plus would they really be able to answer? They too are at the mercy of daft management decisions and have no control over software updates or poor equipment. 

I too may well leave VM because of the debacle of the new software on TiVo (although I'm lucky enough to actually get 162Mbps wired so I can't complain about that. But the TiVo issues and poor customer experience on the phone will drive me elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stuzzer2015 wrote:

Not even worthy of a reply or some sort of support from Virgin, pretty much says it all.

As has already been said this is primarily a community based forum. The moderators already have their hands full dealing with the legions of dissatisfied customers.

It is frustrating that you cannot get decent service from VM these days, Virgin Media (Liberty Global) has become so big and unwieldy, those in charge have no idea how to fix things. Ideally, they need to go to the beginning and start again.

For once, VM have finally admitted on this thread  (what we all knew already) that the TiVo is broken. This belated admission does not mean that a solution will be on offer anytime soon.

0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I just find it disappointing that if you look around this forum there are 10 replies from people sharing the same misery for ever 1 from a moderator.

I run a forum with 2500+ members, on my own (Subaru car community) and manage to moderate, comment, support etc everyone on there. While I realise this is a lot bigger community, there are a huge amount of moderators/admin on this site and at a bare minimum I would expect someone to at least acknowledge a customers post.

My frustration is that I have worked in the tv/satellite industry since 1999. I run my own small, local TV aerial/satellite business BUT have never worked or had knowledge of virgins systems. I chose Virgin as apposed to Sky in my new house primarily for the broadband as I am online a lot, either in the house or workshop. What annoys me is that I pay line rental every month for a phone line that I've never plugged a phone into or made a call from, have had to hard wire almost every device outside of the room the router is in with power line adaptors and what TV I do watch now doesnt work, all for the bargain price of £86 a month.

I'm the type of person who is happy to pay something if I'm happy with the service but after looking at my bills I find the Virgin is my 2nd largest bill apart from my rent and I fail to see the value for money.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And yet...have just read some of the posts on various SKY forums and they do not make for happy reading.

Mainly a catalogue of unhappy, frustrated customers eg, One person has lost all tv services because it is raining, another has no signal due to distant trees being in leaf!
0 Kudos