Menu
psynnott
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - every night black screen issues

Hello,

For the past week, my TiVo has been unusable.  When watching a channel, the screen will suddenly go black and audio is lost.  Confirmed that TiVo box is still responsive by going into Guide.

Changing channel to another program still results in a black screen on that channel too.

Eventually the picture will come back, but this is happening every night and I'm having to resort to Freeview to actually watch any programs as you never know when the TiVo will cut out when watching a program.

I'm very unhappy with the TV service I have been getting.  I have reported this to VM before, and it was fixed later that night by someone in the "Network Team" as the call handler was unable to fix it over the phone.  

I honestly feel that I should not owe VM any money for the TV service part of my package as it has been unusable.  How do I go about reclaiming this money for the past month, and for future months where the system is unusable?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo - every night black screen issues

I would telephone the fault and ask for credit at the same time.
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

How are you connected to your tv ?

Scart or hdmi or both ?

Thanks 

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
psynnott
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Connected via HDMI.  I did confirm during a black screen that a signal was able to be sent via the TiVo to the TV by going into the guide and selecting another channel (although that output a black screen too).

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried a different hdmi ?

Hopefully a Forum tech will check your signal levels or call into Virgin to get a complete check up .

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
psynnott
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rang tech support again tonight - they say everything looks fine their end.  When I rang, the signal hadn't dropped out.  The tech escalated it anyway to a senior tech.

However, no more than 5 mins off the phone and the signal has dropped out again.  

I had a nosey around the diagnostic menu and I see that the signal is being reported as 23%.  This seems very low to me - is it part of the problem?  Why didn't the telephone tech see this?

I have double checked all the VM cable connections from the wall box to the splitter and from the splitter to the TiVo box are secure.  

I'm currently sitting looking at a black screen again tonight.

Unacceptable.

What I also find disappointing is that no official VM user has yet replied to this thread to offer to do a signal check.

So yet again, another night of paying for a service that I'm not getting. 

Edit:  Just checked my account.  I've been given a "Loss of Service Goodwill" credit of £1.53.  That is a joke.  £1.53 does not cover over a week of dropouts.  You've made an unhappy customer even more unhappy.

Edit 2:  On the phone again.  They're sending out a tech this weekend.  

0 Kudos
psynnott
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

bump - any forum mods able to do a signal check here?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi psynnott

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo service lately. I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately. 

So I can take a closer look at this for you, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
psynnott
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig - information sent. Could you apply that information to my forum account in some way?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey psynnott

Thanks for the information, as for locating your account we use the email address you've registered here with, or the IP address of your last visit, so we wouldn't be able to apply it to your forum account. 

I'll keep it handy while we help to get these issues sorted though, to save having to ask you again!

Take care and speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos