Menu
sca
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo error C119

Tivo has been working fine since September. Then around Christmas time some channels went black and a message was shown "There are problems with the signal for this channel. Please contact virgin if this persists". This week many more channels had that issue or severely distorted signals. I tried resetting the Tivo but now get a C119 connection error and nothing works anymore.

It instructs me to restart the Tivo and repeat the "Guided Setup" from the beginning, but when trying to it can't connect.

All cables are connected and internet through the router works fine. 

Please help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo error C119

Hello sca,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I can see there is a signal issue with the box so I would like one of our engineers to take a look at this so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sca
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After speaking to Virgin's telephone help desk they send an engineer to investigate a signal issue.

If you have this issue and there are any attenuators attached to the cables in your house (in my case a red metal piece of equipment with 15dB written on it), take it out to see if it helps with your problem.

If this doesn't help get in touch with Virgin, they sorted it out pretty quickly and within a reasonable timeframe.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I'm pleased to hear that one of our engineers was able to resolve this and if you need help with anything else then just give us a shout.

All the best Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos