Menu
Topmetom
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo double clicking noise...

Just sitting here and my box just started doing this random double click noise then pause then double click and repeating it? Any ideas its not a year old?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo double clicking noise...

topmetom hi there double noises sounds like the box could have a fault in it somewhere ring help team on 150 or 0345 454 111111 or wait for forum team to get in touch with you they will run tests to check for you reboot box thanks jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Topmetom

We're seeing some issues with two of the tuners input levels, as well as the downstream power being a little less than what we'd expect to be 'normal'.

I'd expect this issue to be linked to the hard drive but we're not detecting any issues when looking at the hard drive from our end at the moment.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

topmetom hi there double noises sounds like the box could have a fault in it somewhere ring help team on 150 or 0345 454 111111 or wait for forum team to get in touch with you they will run tests to check for you reboot box thanks jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Topmetom,

Thanks for posting. That's strange does it do this often? Was it on a recording or a live channel? If you haven't already I would recommend rebooting the box at the mains and seeing whether this still happens.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Topmetom
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tv wasnt on i was just having a coffee on my own box was on but tv wasnt
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Topmetom

It's certainly a strange one, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We are detecting some errors from our end and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

tivo seems to stick and make noises on home page whilst going up n down on guide and choosing options its just makes like a dead end noise like you cant go anywhere jonni please respond new quick start tivo box
0 Kudos
Topmetom
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What sort of errors?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Topmetom

We're seeing some issues with two of the tuners input levels, as well as the downstream power being a little less than what we'd expect to be 'normal'.

I'd expect this issue to be linked to the hard drive but we're not detecting any issues when looking at the hard drive from our end at the moment.

I hope this helps

Craig

Topmetom
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Anything i can try?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Not that I can think of unfortunately, the type of clicking you've described sounds like there could be an issue with the box.

Does the clicking appear to be coming from the box or from the TV the box is connected to?

As mentioned previously, I feel that an engineer coming to take a look at the physical side of things would help get this issue resolvedMan Happy

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos