Menu
janey68
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo crashing

Tivo keeps crashing, pauses then goes blank and displays no service. Has done it 10 + times this evening

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo crashing

Good evening Janey68,

Thank you for coming in and posting about the TiVo crashing, welcome in Smiley Happy

It's never easy when this happens and I've been able to look into the TiVo and found that some of the signal levels ill need adjusting. This would require an engineer and If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ratlady
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo crashing

I'm having the same problem.  11 times yesterday, 5 times already today.  I'm newly disabled and going for spine surgery in 2 weeks, I rely on my Tivo box for everything just now & pay a small fortune for a service which will not let me watch television, won't record my shows, and won't let me watch which fragments of shows it does record.

It's currently stuck on the Start-Up screen. Again.  Having a spinal injury I can't keep dragging myself across the floor to strain round to keep unplugging the box to reset it.  After my surgery I doubt I'll have any chance of that at all.

With emergency surgery so unexpectedly soon I wondered whether it would be quicker to get someone to fiddle with this useless piece of equipment or just to cut my losses and go to Sky?

0 Kudos