Menu
nc83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo crashing and restarting

Has been over a month now with Tivo crashing and restarting itself at least 3 times a day, worst was 10 times. Takes minimum of 10 minutes to restart, sometimes up to half an hour. Ridiculous. Turned tv on at 7 this morning, Tivo (predictably) had died overnight. Turned off at back. Turned back on. Currently (at 7:48) Tivo has still not managed to come back on. Fantastic.

Have spoken to customer service on a few occasions, have been told that all the problems are due to upgrades Virgin are doing in our area. Upgrades that are due to go on until the end of September. Brilliant. Have also been waiting for over a week now for a call back from a manager, have chased this up once already by phone. Wish to speak to them about how unhappy we are with the service that we are paying a lot of money for. Not looking likely this call back will EVER be made.

At this point, ready to cancel the whole lot and go with BT. Ridiculous customer service.

0 Kudos
nc83
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo crashing and restarting

8:55. Tivo still dead. Stuck on sofa with poorly child getting some much needed sleep on my lap. Bored. Thanks Virgin.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are the problems happening overnight? If so, then this is the most obvious time to perform upgrades as it is least likely to affect the majority of customers.

If the problem is happening throughout the day then it is possible that you have a separate problem.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
nc83
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nope. Random crashes and restarts throughout the day, no set times. I dread to think what it does overnight.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

nc83 wrote:

Nope. Random crashes and restarts throughout the day, no set times. I dread to think what it does overnight.

That sounds like something much more than upgrade work. Hopefully someone on the VM Forum team will pick this up but it may take a couple of days before they reach it.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
nc83
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, definitely now suspecting we've been being fobbed off with the 'upgrades' excuse. Not going to be happy if it's an issue with our box, could have had an engineer appointment made over a month ago if that's the case.

0 Kudos
nc83
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Grrrr, box STILL not on. Have tried switching it off at the back 3 times now this morning. Last time half hour ago. Guess I'm going to have to ring again and hope don't get fobbed off with the upgrades again. If this is genuinely down to upgrades, there had better be a mighty big discount off our next bill.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nc83,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for choosing us to help you. I can see that you've had some help from Frank_gm, thank you Smiley Happy

My apologies for the disruptions in the home, I have been looking into the TiVo here and can certainly see the outage but can see an issue with the box and some considerable timeouts. i would like to send an engineer to come assess the issues. I can also see that some EPG data is out of date and would need updating in the meantime. You can update this by following this procedure from the remote:-

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Choose Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos