Menu
Richie771
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo connection to superhub

Hi,

I am trying to connect my TIVO to the superhub using a CAT 5 cable.  Cable is woking fine on another device so that is not the issue.

The light at the back of the superhub is not going green - flashes orange!

Tried resetting both devices.

I also cannot get into the settings of the superhub as the engineer must have changed the password - the password on the bottom of the superb will not let me into the internal settings as it says the password is not recognised! all very frustrating.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I have an apple time machine plugged into the Superb which works fine. i have tried swapping ports but nothing - i have tried assigning a new IP to the TIVO...

Many thanks...

Also any idea how to reset the Superb back to its factory password would be handy?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo connection to superhub

orange just means the speed is 100mb and won't effect anything, what are you trying to achieve? the onny things that connecting your tivo to the superhub does is using your mobile/tablet as a remote and streaming some recording between two tivos

as for the password it's very unlikely the engineer would change it, the default is "changeme" and there's a pinhole in the back of the hub that will factory reset the hub back to it's default state if you hold it in for 20 seconds

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

orange just means the speed is 100mb and won't effect anything, what are you trying to achieve? the onny things that connecting your tivo to the superhub does is using your mobile/tablet as a remote and streaming some recording between two tivos

as for the password it's very unlikely the engineer would change it, the default is "changeme" and there's a pinhole in the back of the hub that will factory reset the hub back to it's default state if you hold it in for 20 seconds

brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Orange light on Routers/computers mean: Ethernet device is connected to the cable modem at 10/100 Mbps speeds.
Ethernet LED is Green: Ethernet device is connected to the cable modem at 1000 speeds (Gigabit Ethernet).
0 Kudos