Menu
Slamber
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo compatability with Sony Bravia

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia Android TV (49XD7005) and connected it up to my Tivo to HDMI1 and run the IR blaster set up on the TV.  During the IR Blaster setup procedure the TV detects a set top box.  When using the TV remote control I can turn off and turn on the Tivo in the IR blaster set up procedure .  However, when I turn off or turn on the TV for real the Tivo does not turn off or on with the TV.  I am able to change channels on the Tivo using the TV remote. .  It worked with my last Samsung 46F6320 TV and I am led to believe there may be CEC compatibility issues between the Tivo and TV due to being different makes.  The Tivo is a Cisco box. 

Has anyone successfully connected their Tivo to this type of TV and got full functionality?  Any help would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo compatability with Sony Bravia

TiVo is not CEC compatible, full stop. Don't know how you previously achieved what appeared to be CEC functionality.

0 Kudos
Slamber
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The same Tivo box did turn on/off when turning the Samsung TV on/off using TV remote and IR blaster.  It seems strange with the new Sony TV that it works within the set up procedure using the TV remote but not when you do it after setup has completed and you have OK'd it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't doubt that this worked with your previous TV but it wasn't using CEC functionality to do this as TiVo simply doesn't have that functionality.

You'll have to look elsewhere, rather than CEC functionality, for the reason for the difference in behaviour of the two TVs.

0 Kudos