Menu
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo carries on recording all night long

There are lots of EPG errors lately where overnight "shopping" or "off air" is not shown. Therefore if you record the last program of the day, it continues recording until the first show of the morning. Not great if you record in HD and are short of space. I have many recordings taking 20+ GB for 1 hour shows. For example Nat Geo/History/H2 such as tomorrow morning Ch 268 Convoy War for the Atlantic 4am - 8am. (Its a 1 hour show)

Yet another cause of Tivo deleting recordings unnecessarily.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo carries on recording all night long

Hi Thanks4nothing,

I'm very sorry about the recent hiccups on the TiVo here, it is unusual for the TiVo to remain recording. I would like to ask are you seeing the same when using the manual recordings feature?

Also whilst running my normal tests I was able to see that the Tuners aren't working as they should be and may be causing an anomaly. I would like to have this looked at by an engineer as there are not issues in the local area. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo carries on recording all night long

Hi Thanks4nothing,

I've been trying to send you a PM but have notice you have the Private Messaging facility turned off. I would really like to help and if you would wish to have further help please let me know and I can resend my message.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos