Menu
ALESSIO1967
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo c130, service releability and customer service

Before Virgin Media I was with BT for 18 months contract and zero problem, then 18 months with TalkTalk and apart from a bumpy start no problem for 18 months. Then I wanted to try Virgin and in 13 months I had 3 small Internet outage and after the problem yesterday without Internet, TV, and on demand services for around 3 hours an ongoing C130 error in Tivo and no on demand service. I can get on demand via Internet and via now tv box but not tivo box. When I had the total loss of service I called the 150  at around 16h00 on Sunday and the message I was always getting was something like "our lines are busy, please call back later. Good bye" (perhaps a message like "our line are busy, please be aware that the following zones are experiencing...." was more customer friendly and helpful). Then I used my three mobile to log in your website and I discovered the problem. Pity I had to use a mobile. Now I have an engineer booked for Saturday to check the error C130. But I don't think all this is a sign of a very reliable service even if Virgin gives 150MB and BT and TalkTalk were giving me around 80MB. Even when I had the bumpy start with TalkTalk there was an agent listening and not the above message.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo c130, service releability and customer service

Hi ALESSIO1967,

Thanks for coming by and I'm very sorry to hear you've had trouble getting through to us and also for the disruptions to the services you've been experiencing.

This is not the best experience we'd like for you.  I wanted to pop by and let you know that I'd love to know how it all goes after your engineer appointment on Saturday.  Please keep me posted here after the engineer visits and let me know how you get on.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ALESSIO1967
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

after posting the message and calling your service to book an engineer the booking was cancelled as the problem was outside of my house on your network and the problem was fixed remotely.

Let's hope it will keep working

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ALESSIO1967,

Thank you for the update and that there was a confirmation of a network issue Smiley Happy

With the network being looked into now I'd love to know if there's been any changes in the connection?

Keep in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ALESSIO1967
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

now it is all up and rennuning but remain the reliability issue: no glitch with BT and Talk Talk in 3 years and 3 glitches with Vrigin in around 13 months of service. OK your connection is faster than the fiber connection but your customer service on sunday was worst than talktalk customer service when they were unable to migrate my phone line to them. At least they  were answering but not understanding the problem, Virgin on Sunday was automatically closing the line several times

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update ALESSIO1967,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting through to us when you need us.  

We're always looking to improve on how we do things, the community is here to help in any way we can.  If you ever have any queries or problems, don't hesitate to give us a shout anytime.

We're here to help if you need us.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos