Why do I have to keep rebooting my tivo box
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

You shouldn't have to.

What action did Virgin Media take when you called in to report your problem?

Did they send out an engineer to investigate?

0 Kudos
royboy2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am new to tivo box only had it for three weeks.When I changed channel a message appears, ring 150, when I do a voice tell me to switch off mains supply to box, leave switch off for 30 seconds then switch back on, this allows me to what my selected channel. This has happened 3 or 4 times.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello royboy2.

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

The message you hear when you call up is automated because a lot of faults can be fixed by rebooting the box. You should not need to constantly reboot the box for it to work so can I just inquire as to what the message says when you try changing channels?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
royboy2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello royboy2.

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

The message you hear when you call up is automated because a lot of faults can be fixed by rebooting the box. You should not need to constantly reboot the box for it to work so can I just inquire as to what the message says when you try changing channels?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi,

Thankyou for the information. I have sorted the problem by cchecking all cable connections tightening, and I leave connected to main power and just switchoff on controller. 

The tivo box does take a long time to reboot after re connecting to main power.

Royboy2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey royboy2

Thanks for taking the time to let me know, I'm really glad to hear that the service is working for you since you've tightened the connectionMan Happy

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this issue had caused.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos