Menu
Gampsey
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

I had my Tivo box replaced a couple of weeks ago, since then I had that one replaced and this one is now giving me problems. It comes up with the screen which needs authorization, to fix this I phone the help desk otherwise if Ieave it. it coul take up to 11 hours to reset, surely this isn't right. My wife who is non technical now wishes to change to Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

Hi Gampsey

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and we're detecting some errors with the box unfortunately. As a result, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gampsey
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

Your engineer visited us and found this time the output from the pedestal was low and outside the spec. He call your outside plant people to check the box we saw them there and later all appeared OK. Yesterday we lost the signal again. Each time ths happens it takes a while to get it back plus we lose any recordings we were trying to make, in all we have lost some 24 hours of viewing which isn't cheap plus of course the inconvenience which is frustrating. As a retired communications engineer I can appreciate an intermittent fault is hard to trace. I was told the output from the amp in the box was less than -10dB, which is outside spec so maybe the amp wasn't changed when they checked as it looked ok, but does need changing.

Regards.

0 Kudos