Menu
Momo2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

Am I alone in thinking the TiVo box and controller are awful and so difficult to use. I wish we had never changed. How can Virgin roll out a product which is obviously still a work in progress?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box

Momo2 wrote:

Am I alone in thinking the TiVo box and controller are awful and so difficult to use. I wish we had never changed. How can Virgin roll out a product which is obviously still a work in progress?

No you are now alone but it seems to me that Virgin think it is it best thing since sliced bread and they are not very good at listening to their remaining customers so there is not much point trying to provide constructive feedback as it won't make things any better.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The problem is that it's actually old technology now. Had mine 5 or six years. They're introducing a new box end of year so hoping that'll be worth the wait. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Momo2 wrote:

No you are now alone but it seems to me that Virgin think it is it best thing since sliced bread and they are not very good at listening to their remaining customers so there is not much point trying to provide constructive feedback as it won't make things any better.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The problem is that it's actually old technology now. Had mine 5 or six years. They're introducing a new box end of year so hoping that'll be worth the wait. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Momo2,

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome back to the Community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read about the experience here and would like to ask what have you found during your tests of the remote and the TiVo box? 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
daypaul
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No you are not the only one that regrets the move to TiVo, as you say it is not fit for purpose but when I asked to switch back to the old HD box I was told it couldn't be done, I generally use my RoKu box instead if I want to watch catch up or anything similar, it works properly with no buffering or starting delays, and that is working off wifi and doesn't have the beneifit of its own dedicated connection like the TiVo box. I wish I could find a way to fix the increadibly annoying TV freeze that happens whenever a recording starts or stops, but I believe thats just poor programming code.

It makes you wonder what kind of performance standards the test team, if there was one, used to decide it was suitable for release.

0 Kudos