Menu
NGC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box very very slow.

Hi All, First time on here,

I am getting very very fed up with how long it takes for my TIVO(500) box to react and start to do anything.

When I press the HOME button to get the menu up it takes about 4-5 secs to appear and even then it wont scroll down the menu until its ready!!! and after selecting MY SHOWS AND RECORDING it takes an age to generate the list (Only 13% used) then after selecting the programme I want it literally take's up to 4-5 secs before it displays the programme/menu on the screen then after pressing play it takes another 4-5 secs to start playing which for a modern computer based piece of equipment I think is terrible.

All the above occur after the red light has flashed on the box confirming that the instruction has been received

Just in case anybody asks I have replaced the remote batteries

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box very very slow.

Hi there NGC,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still experiencing a lag with the TiVo®.

While we are awaiting further updates, and if the technician hasn't already done this, it may be worth giving your Suggestions a bit of a spring clean and clear down the stored preferences. This may help speed things up for you. To do this, use your TiVo® remote and go to:-

• Help and Settings 
  • Clear or reset TiVo® box 
  • Clear Thumb Ratings and Suggestions
  • Enter your pin
  • Press thumbs down 3 times and then LastCh

Once you do this your TiVo® box won’t remember your Suggestion preferences, but it does mean your box should hopefully run a bit faster. 

In regards to the remote shape, I am sorry to hear that it isn't satisfactory. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we are always looking for new ways to improve our service.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

delmonti007
Joining in
Message 20 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

People!!

Most of the guff coning from VM is pre-scripted. Clearing out your Tivo does nothing and they know it. They play the numbers game by keeping you doing pointless reboots on a system that just cant handle the data. Getting the new "software" makes things worse, its like putting Windows 10 on a Gameboy.

Their Tivo box cant cope, ask to have it removed and go back to a normal box as you're paying for services they know they cant supply.

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

You could try a reboot. Off then on. Might improve it. But TiVo UI is slow. Apparently it's better on the new software though I can't speak to that as I've not been upgraded yet. There's a new box coming at the end of the year so let's hope that's better. 

fizz
Up to speed
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

The UK is much much slower with the new software, I know I have it. The amounts of posts I am reading here and I have had little response to my request to have it looked at are becoming tiresome. VM please help this customer and me out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi NGC,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a slow performance on the TiVo® lately, I'd like to help check this out and look for any possible underlying issues for you.

I have connected to your box remotely, all is looking well signal and power level wise.  There is some slight high demand issues on the network side of things which are being monitored at the moment.  So far they're not high enough to have any significant impact to the service at the moment, as I say it is being monitored.

If you reboot the TiVo® is there any immediate improvement?  (Even if it's only temporary).  Let me know, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NGC
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

I did a full reboot yesterday evening (Sun) so when I use it a bit later on I will report back to you about its operational speed.

Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
NGC
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Just an update to my email last night.

I used my TiVo box last night for the first time after the re-boot and if anything it's even worse and is taking longer than ever to react and I've even been seeing the rotating circle on the screen like when it's buffering.

I think is totally unacceptable please can you look into and get it sorted please.

II

0 Kudos
keri206
Joining in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

my 1TB tivo box has also been v slow for last couple of weeks,

Slow to respond to the button pressing and list building, i've turned it off and on again etc etc but with no success.

going to callVM later tonight as my 2nd box also slow and picture quality isnt v good Smiley Sad

NGC
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for getting involved, this is very poor in my view,

Please come back and let me know how the phone call went

Neil

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

My 1tb is getting slower by the day too... 

Is there a problem VM?

NGC
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Why have you not replied to my replies x 2  to you email, You state that you are here to help but I don't see any help coming my way about this problem and looking at the other members thread's who have joined in I am not the only customer experiencing this issue.

I await your next reply with anticipation.

Neil C

0 Kudos