Menu
Ostragobulus
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box very slow and missing recordings

My Tivo box has become very slow of late and has now started to miss recording sections of programmes. The latter is not programmes clashing due to over lapping recordings incidentally. I am constantly watching the "blue circle" which gets a bit tedious.

Our daughter who lives 130 miles away is having similar problems which makes me wonder if it is a wider problem.

I have discussed this with the Virgin "help" line in Timbuktu, or where-ever and they suggested re-booting the box. I then ended up with Error 0133 which eventually cleared and the "help" line seemed just relieved to have it working again, I suspect. The box is still the same.

Any assistance would be appreciated as Sky does seem to be streaking ahead with their technology and I only moved to Virgin some three years ago because of the abysmal broadband speed from BT in my area and the extra charge for HD with Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box very slow and missing recordings

Hi Ostragobulus,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and run some checks. It looks like theres an issue with the signal that's likely causing the issues you've been experiencing.

I'd like to send a technician to look at it for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get it arranged.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ostragobulus
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thank you for your response.

Your chap has been more than once and says everything is fine but that there are signal issues. They are always the same issues and they never change.

Is the signal to my home at the correct level or not?

Regards

Terrance

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terrance,

Thanks for getting back to us, I've tested the TiVo box again today and we're not seeing anything unusual so if you're still experiencing the issue, it could be one that happens intermittently?

Either way, as this is affecting the recorded content we'd like to ensure the hard drive is in complete working order, so a visit would be best arranged if you've not already. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos