Menu
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box updating - again!!!

So, my TiVo box is in the process of updating... Again!....when the last one was only 2 days ago!
This is getting REALLY annoying now.
And, you can pretty much guarantee that 9 times out of 10 updates it will be while the box is in the middle of recording something, meaning I lose a big chunk of the programme, and the recording is split in two - its currently recording a film starring Channing Tatum so you can understand my frustration at losing a chunk of it!
I knew the box would update now and again when I first got it, (a while ago when it was first launched), but twice in one week (and that is just the ones I've seen) is going a little overboard to say the least!

This isn't a new occurance, it was doing it way too much a few months ago then seemed to calm down, but its back to doing it again.

How often should it actually update?, and why is mine updating so often? (and what are they for as I can never tell what has actually changed when its done).
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box updating - again!!!

beside the current update the last one was over a year ago, I am not aware of a second patch so it may be you box is on the way out

0 Kudos
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its does it regularly where the box goes off and it then reboots. I seem to remember being told when we got it that these are scheduled and so the box should always be left in standby mode when not in use.
It takes about 10 minutes or so before its back on and useable again. Its normally around 3am when it does it which I believe they set it for so it disrupts the least number of people.... Except me 😕
I might have to get a replacement, but then I will lose my recordings that I want to save 😥
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spookess,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

The TiVo® box will regularly connect to our network to update things like program data and shouldn't interrupt your service.

I'd like to run some checks on your equipment as this sounds like your TiVo® might be struggling a bit.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos