Menu
wmar1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box switching on

Hi

I've noticed on occasions that my newly arrived TIVO box is on in the morning and I definitely put it in Standby.

As far as I'm aware, that's never been a problem for the other TIVO box we have in the living room - only the one I received in the last month to replace my older V+ box.

I've been through the settings and there's some power saving stuff - but they don't (and you imagine wouldn't) turn the TIVO box on!

Any ideas what the issue is?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box switching on

Hi Wmar1967, 

Thank you for coming back and so soon Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the TiVo's been acting this way and certainly after looking into the TiVo I can see that the data we're getting back shows issues on the hard drive for starters. This would need looking into this with an engineer and likelihood is it'll be a swap. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wmar1967,

Cheers for coming in and posting your comments Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry that the box has been acting this way.

I would like to help here and I've been able to check the TiVo services but have been unable to see as the box seems offline. Can you please let me know if the box was turned on during the time of my message?

Take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
wmar1967
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The box is now on - but turned on by my own fair hand. I've never seen this happen except overnight. Switch it off and in the morning, sometimes, it's on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wmar1967, 

Thank you for coming back and so soon Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the TiVo's been acting this way and certainly after looking into the TiVo I can see that the data we're getting back shows issues on the hard drive for starters. This would need looking into this with an engineer and likelihood is it'll be a swap. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben