Menu
Superslick178
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box swap

I have received my replacement Tivo box for my old one (second room) It is telling me I have to register it within 7 days. My wife has stuff she needs to watch before I do this and it will take more that 7 days to do this. If I replace the old box can I then plug it back in to watch the recorded programmes as and when she wants to watch them?

What happens if I don't register it within 7 days? Does it self destruct!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box swap

You can't unfortunately plug in the old box to watch recordings. 

As to what happens if you don't register it I'm not sure. Does it say in the instructions you were sent? If not ring in for guidance. 

0 Kudos
Superslick178
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the info, it doesn't say anything on the instructions about what happens after 7 days, I'll try to find a number to ring. The one that is given is an automated service which I have used in the past to set up my broadband.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Superslick178,

Thank you for coming in and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

It's great that you have added an updated box in the home Smiley Happy 

To answer your question on post 7 day registration, would be that we have provisioned all the aspects of the services to help bring the services on as soon as the box is switched over. It may be that after the 7 days, you may need to call in and have us bring the box on.

Can I ask have you been able to get the box on or call in?

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superslick178
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I haven't as yet done either, no time at the present. I might just leave it until I am ready then call in to activate it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Superslick178

Thanks for getting in touch about the activation of your TiVo® box replacement. The 7 day activation is an automatic process unless you contact us to activate this beforehand.

I have checked the account and can see that that this has now auto activated on our systems for you in the early hours of this morning.

I hope you had a chance to watch all the recordings on your previous recordable box with us. My apologies if this was not the case. From today you will no longer be able to watch the recordings on your old box.

The box swap auto activation is necessary to ensure that you get the box swap for free as part of the upgrade. If this is not activated within the 7 days you may not have been eligible for the discount on the second TiVo® box you now have with us.

Please let us know if you need anything else, and we'll do our best to help out.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

superslick178 is this self install tivo because the original tivo needs to be sent buy virgin engineer they wont send tivo boxes out with out engineer present but self install 1ones yes which tivos do you mean
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All the box swap units are being sent as self-installs. The only requirement for an engineer install now is if 2 boxes on the same account are being swapped at once.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks nodrogd for that info i wasnt to sure which box he was talking about
0 Kudos