Menu
Oldbean
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck on startup loop

Hi, just returned from trip to NYC, turned all equipment off on leaving. Now on return my TiVo box is stuck on startup loop, tried all suggestions from forum, stuck on loop now for 3hours after several re boots, is my box knackered?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box stuck on startup loop

No. TiVo isn't designed to be turned off for any length of time as it needs to update itself frequently. Ring in and virgin will reactivate the box for you. 

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No. TiVo isn't designed to be turned off for any length of time as it needs to update itself frequently. Ring in and virgin will reactivate the box for you. 

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oldbean,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for posting. 

I'd love to help and when the loop like this happens it's never fun, I have been into the TiVo and can see the problem hasn't resolved itself currently and will need some assistance. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
JanaK1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my tivo box is stuck with Starting Up already for three days, I tried reset it, turn it off, nothing work. There is not light in the left corner as usual but there is flashing red and solid blue light in the right corner. Is there anything what I can do by myself with it? Thank you