Menu
Whitey_29
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen

I have been trying for over an hour now to get my Tivo box to work.  It just says starting up on the screen all the time.  I have unplugged it and waited a while I have pressed the on button on the remote, I have checked all the cables are secure but nothing is working.  The blue light is on in the right hand corner with a red light flashing next to it.  Any help to get it on would be gratefully appreciated, as this is my Sunday morning TV I like to watch, and guess what Virgin are closed today so not help there then.  I have just spoken to Virgin surprise open on Sunday's and they after about 15 mins on the phone, there is nothing they can do, they said it's a fault.  I tried to ask if it was a fault on in my area, but was told that it was a Sunday morning and perhaps the people down my street were still in bed and not reported anything to them yet.  So have go to wait until Monday between 4 and 7 o'clock.  This isn't good enough, I'm paying for this service and am unable to use it for over 24 hours, I wonder if there is some sort of compensation I could get for this complete inconvenience.  I'm so angry, just wish I could leave and use another provider, but they have got me in a 12 month contract until next February, so stuck really.  Is there nothing that can be done before tomorrow? 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen

With all due respect getting an engineer out within 24 hours is perfectly acceptable. If you're washing machine broke down on a Sunday you wouldn't get anyone out would you? Your box is dead by the sound of it - technology does fail from time to time

in some areas, because of high d mind and a shortage of engineers you might wait a week. As for compensation divide your monthly bill by 31 and that's the compensation you'd get. I know it's very annoying but not worth getting so worked up about. I've just found no out my husbands cancer treatment may no longer be funded. It's all relative. 

I'm sure the engineer will sort you have it tomorrow. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Whitey_29,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and can see the technician has been out. Is everything working OK now?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JRoo
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I'm having the same problem. Just a continuous 'Starting up...' error message on the TV screen with the red and blue lights on the Tivo box it is unresponsive to anything. What shall I do?

Thanks, 

Jack 

0 Kudos
djhigham67
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I'm having the same problem. Just a continuous 'Starting up...' error message on the TV screen with the red and blue lights on the Tivo box.

It is completely unresponsive. Is there anything I can try or should I call 150 to arrange an engineer visit?

Thanks, 

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello JRoo,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I can see that you've spoken to our team since your post so please let me know if there's anything else you need help with.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello djhigham67,

I have checked your TiVo® box from here and everything looks okay so if this is still happening just let me know as I'll need to arrange for one of our engineers to fix this.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Carpstudy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box is constantly stuck on the 'Starting Up' screen. 

Is there anything I can try that may fix it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Carpstudy,

How is this looking for you now?

Have you tried rebooting the equipment at all and/or ensuring all connections are securely fitted?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos