Menu
russc73
Joining in
Message 51 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen !

Hi.

Having similar problems with my box. After a hard reset it will go in for a day or two before all the flashing lights come on again and we lose service. This has happened continually for a couple of weeks and is now unusable. Shortly before this started happening i also noticed some programs were not being recorded properly (stuck during playback, glitches etc)

Please advise

thanks

0 Kudos
russc73
Joining in
Message 52 of 76
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 53 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi Russc73,

Welcome to the Community, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that the start up screen hasn't been progressing. I have been able to run some tests on the TV services and all services you have, it looks like there is a fault that would need to be addressed ASAP.

This will need an engineer and I would like to arrange this for you, if you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cattyjess
Joining in
Message 54 of 76
Flag for a moderator

I too have this issue. Red flashing light and solid blue light. Router is also having problems. So we have no TV or Internet!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 55 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi cattyjess,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your TV and broadband service.

I've managed to locate your account and there is currently planned work in your area which is causing loss of service for both TV and broadband with the review date being late this evening.

Once there are further updates I will let you know.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 56 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Morning cattyjess,

Just to let you know that the fault in your area has now been closed as resolved.

I can see that the broadband and TV service are showing as not locked onto the network and you have called through to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this for you, which is great.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
buggin
Tuning in
Message 57 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

My Tivo box started doing this last night and still the same this morning, will have a green and red light come on along with the "Starting UP" message on the screen, then all lights on box light up dimmed for 5 mins, and cycle repeats.

Very frustrating as we have had no TV now since last night.

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 58 of 76
Flag for a moderator

buggin wrote:

Hi, 

My Tivo box started doing this last night and still the same this morning, will have a green and red light come on along with the "Starting UP" message on the screen, then all lights on box light up dimmed for 5 mins, and cycle repeats.

Very frustrating as we have had no TV now since last night.

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 59 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi buggin,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've had a look at your account and I can see you've got a technician booked to sort this out  for you. Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Aotoole83
Just joined
Message 60 of 76
Flag for a moderator

I have this issue too - blue light on, red flashing, and screen says 'starting up'. Tried calling, had phone line cut off twice before being connected!
0 Kudos