Menu
Joining in
Message 41 of 71 (859 Views)

Re: Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen !

I have the exact same problem. It's been going on for a couple of days now.

Three solid green lights on the left hand side. One solid red and one solid blue on the right and "starting up"on the screen.

We've tried leaving it overnight, restarting, unplugging it all but nothing has worked.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 42 of 71 (817 Views)

Hi Grecianivy,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for posting about the TV services.

I am sorry to read about the TiVo and I have already been able to test the connection. Looks like you're suffering some technical issues on the TV signals and also some on the broadband side.

With no known outage affecting you, i would recommend an engineer here and would like to ask if you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox'. You'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 43 of 71 (752 Views)

I am having a very similar issue.  Box froze then on restart reaches "starting up" then seems to lose connection to TV then returns to "starting up".  A variety of red and blue lights.  I have left the box off (unplugged) over night but no success.  Can you help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 44 of 71 (733 Views)

Hi paul_gardner99,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I've run a diagnostic on your box and it seems to be offline. I'd like to book you a technician so I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 45 of 71 (706 Views)

My TiVo box is stuck in a loop too, Starting Up, no input signal, endlessly. Has a changing light pattern though most of the time one green power button and one red on the right hand side. The start of the loop seems to be all lights flash on briefly. Have tried overnight off, no change. Have tried off at the socket, no change. Have tried switching off using switch on back of the box, no change. Suggestions welcome......polite and practical preferred!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 46 of 71 (603 Views)

New Vm customer after 25 years of sky. Starting to think the move was an error.

New tivo box installed less than two weeks. It has never worked correctly since day one. It will freeze constantly and will not turn off. Then after some time will eventually allow a reboot.
It will turn itself off out of the blue and will not turn on again no matter how hard I try. Off at the plug but it remains the same, sitting in this start up loop which is never ending. I can go hours n hours without the tv, which with children is a nightmare. Something is going to have to give. Either the tv and vm or the kids and I'm quite fond of them wee ones. Another issue is the total lack of response from the controller. Changing channel sometimes takes ten seconds or more as goes for any other controller instruction.
This is not a happy chappy. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 47 of 71 (584 Views)

Hi Weenels,

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I've had a little peek at your account and I can see you've had a technician to sort this out for you. Is everything OK now?

Let me know if you get any more trouble.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 48 of 71 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hi,

The same thing has happened my box, it swaps between 2 different 'starting up' screens but won't actually load. This seems to be such a common problem, how do I fix it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 49 of 71 (440 Views)

Hi

I have just turned on my TiVo box which had been working fine before and it just displays starting up. I have tried all of your suggested fixes and nothing is working, could you please help

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 50 of 71 (429 Views)

Hi Sophk22,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I'd like to look into this for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos